Failure of Adblue tank and injector

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Lainey#

Post by Lainey# »

We have had adblue failure now the third time. Rang peugeot uk gave us a claim number. First the dealership said it was a computer reset. That took it off two weeks later back on. This time injector replaced peugeot uk paid half the bill. Two months later it has come back on again. Will not be putting pressure on peugeot to pay for the tank to be replaced. They know there is a design fault on them . Every time comes up with 700 miles before no restart. Ours is a 2019 3008. Waiting for the garage ro reopen after Xmas break.

Lainey#

Post by Lainey# »

Just an update on yesterdays post. Have spoken with local dealership and booked in again for investigation. Also spoke with Peugeot UK and lodged a complaint and given another case number. Still 700 miles showing and was taking my grandson who was very poorly to the drs and then to hospital when the car stop completely at a large roundabout and would not start. Furious with Peugeot and have told them I will take legal action and seek trading standards help to sort this out. Our car has only done 24000 miles and is only just 3 years old. This is disgusting, they know there is a fault on these systems but have refused to recall the vehicles.
Coggies

Post by Coggies »

Adblue engine fault
Weve developed this discussed known fault and thanks to the forum we have a case number from Peugeot. The car cannot be seen by the Peugeot dealer until 17th January.
A question ..... is the car safe to drive, it has adblue in it but the light is still on
Thanks for your anticipated advice
Lainey#

Post by Lainey# »

We have only driven ours five miles this tine and it completely stopped in the middle of a large roundabout, just died a death. We were told on the 2 previous faults we could drive until approx 50 miles do not risk it
qromairdrie

Post by qromairdrie »

Hello folks,

I'm a Peugeot Partner van owned in Scotland, and have read your forum with interest.

On December 3rd I got an engine warning light on my van, followed by the words "Emissions Failure". This was followed by intermittent countdowns warning me how many miles I could do before starting became impossible. By the time I got the van home from England there were just 30 miles left.

The van was under manufacturers warranty, so I immediately contacted various Peugeot dealers to try and get the repair done. Of the 4 local garages I contacted, 2 gave no availability and couldn't give me a date for the repair, one gave me earliest availability as 3rd January, and one said "We don't do warranty repairs" despite being an authorised Peugeot dealership. It was almost as if nobody wanted to get involved.

I had no choice but to wait until January, and thankfully I could manage without the van until then. However, when I contacted the Peugeot customer service guys to see if they could expedite the repair or sort me out with a hire / courtesy vehicle, they were very unhelpful and even arrogant.

- 'We can't cover any hire costs, you'll just have to wait. And you cannot get a courtesy vehicle under the warranty.' (this latter point was later proven to be untrue).
- 'No, I cannot use my vehicle because of this fault. You cannot repair the vehicle in a reasonable timeframe and therefore you cannot comply with the warranty.'
- 'We have no control over the Peugeot Dealerships.'
- 'Do you know what the word "Authorised" means?'
- 'Yes....'
- 'So if the dealership is a "Peugeot Authorised Dealer", what does that mean?'
- '....Eh...you're very rude. Anyway, we cannot cover any hire costs.'
- 'Can you please escalate this to a manager?'
- 'I am the maximum point of escalation'
- 'So you're telling me that hundreds of Peugeot Customer Experience staff like yourself have no manager, and are a law unto themselves? You know what- just give me your position in writing and I'll seek external advice.'

At this point I'm pretty sure he muttered something about seeing me in court. After a few emails back and fourth someone phoned me and agreed to cover hire costs up to £30 a day, which wasn't ideal but better than nothing. I didn't have to use the van for the rest of the month, so never used this option.

January 3rd I finally got the van in, and whilst I was booking it in the staff member advised me that if was found to be not under warranty I'd be liable for full costs. I stated that the emissions system is a durable part that should not fail after a year and less than 20,000 miles, and therefore should be covered by the warraty. As I'm standing there another customer comes in and reports the exact same problem with his Peugeot. The person dealing with him says 'We're getting this a lot', then realises the conversation I've just had with her colleague and that she probably shouldn't have let that slip.

I got the van back by the end of the day and was advised that the AdBlue injector had been replaced. No problem right? Well less than a month later the exact same problem came back. At time of writing the van is in getting fixed and will be unavailable for another 3 days at least as the part is unavailable. Unlike last time when they supposedly changed the AdBlue injector on the spot, they've had to seek authorisation from Peugeot and order a new AdBlue injector AND a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). I've also had to hire a vehicle for work.

I don't believe they even fitted a new AdBlue injector at the start of the month; I reckon they just reset the fault code, otherwise I should surely have had to wait longer for the part and of course they should have had to seek authorisation from Peugeot. I also don't see how the DPF could be gubbed so quickly; it usually lasts 100,000 miles so long as you don't drive like Captain Slow everywhere, and this fault surely should have been detected in the first visit?

In short, I 100% agree with people on this forum who have stated they believe there is an inherent fault with certain Peugeot diesel engines, and that Peugeot don't want to deal with it. Dealers don't appear to want to take cars / vans in to be fixed, and will take a shortcut option rather than fix the fault. Peugeot's own customer service people will go out of their way to pass all costs on to you and deter you from complaining.

My company has an external legal advisor, whom I intend to put all this to. Can I pass all hire costs on to Peugeot for not fixing it properly first time? Should Peugeot own up to any inherent faults? These are the questions I want answered, and am sure you do too.

I shall keep you posted, and of course feel free to make your own comments.
hmilling

Post by hmilling »

Hi,

We have just had an issue with the injector and the car was smoking from the exhaust, we got AA recovery to look at it ( fault was RISK OF PARTICAL INFILTRATION) .
Peugeot cannot get us in for 3 weeks so we went to a local garage- they scanned the car and it comes up with numerous electrical faults which peugeot are aware of but have sent us away twice saying its fine to drive- now the local garage wont touch the car with a barge pole.
We have a lifetime warranty - does anyone know if it is likely the filter/injector issue will get fixed and we wont be charged for diagnostic and parts under?
I am awaiting a cost for the electrical fault ( relay module ) as they said that isnt covered.
Lainey#

Post by Lainey# »

Another update on the ill fated adblue fault. The car has now been in the garage for over a week. Now have been told by Peugeot UK cost approx £6000. Spoke to garage and they are now saying its the djpf but that will be approx £2000 and can't guarantee it will fix the problem. Peugeot Technical have given them 3 repairs to try starting with the dpf. Do they not understand we cannot afford to pay this amount of money which won't guarantee this problem with be solved. There must be an inherent fault in these vehicles. I am totally gutted don't know what we are going to do
qromairdrie

Post by qromairdrie »

Hello folks,

I made a post on here last month, and have an update for anyone that is interested.

Since my last post the van has spent 40 days sitting static in an Arnold Clark car park. I doubt the engine has been turned over in that period, so the battery may be dead. They don't even bother updating us with the progress of the repair any more, Peugeot blame Arnold Clark whilst Arnold Clark blame Peugeot. I know there is a parts shortage with cars just now, but 40 days is quite simply taking the piss.

The long and short is this- today we contacted Peugeot to request a full refund for the van. We have zero confidence that they will carry out the repair any time soon, and when the fault reoccurs- not if, when- we could have the same problem of a vehicle off the road for months, but without a manufacturer's warranty. We have so little confidence in them that we wouldn't even accept a brand new van of higher spec.

The posts on this forum helped inform our decision. There is clearly an inherent fault with the emissions system on Peugeot engines, and we have no intention of waiting until it reoccurs out with the warranty period, leaving us with a bill of up to £2000 - £3000, and hire costs as we wait months for them to examine the vehicle and then repair it.

Thank you everyone. I'll let you know what excuse Peugeot give me for not refunding the vehicle, and how they react to the lawyers letter I'll no doubt have to send them. I wish you all the best of luck with your own sagas getting your vehicles fixed.
Michael G Jones

Post by Michael G Jones »

Hi, I also have a 3008 diesel 2016 mdl, and as per the previous posts, have had all the warnings and mileage countdown come on the display.

I took my vehicle into my local garage ( not Peugeot ), and the mechanic there instantly stated that it was not down to the addblue tank or injector, instead stated that the problem lay in a Control circuit board, which looks a lot like a fuse box, with some relays , which is found somewhere behind passenger glove box.

He replaced same at cost £250 plus labour an the dreaded vat. My vehicle is now perfectly roadworthy.

Hope this helps someone
Ricardo Cadete

Post by Ricardo Cadete »

I bought a second hand Peugeot 3008 1.5 Bluehdi with 52000km at Peugeot Domansky Prague. All services were done by Peugeot and according to the check up from the dealer, the car was in perfect conditions. Two months later (on the last month of the factory warranty), the car showed a engine default cause of the AdBlue…
I went to the dealer, they said “the car only needs a software update”.
5 months later, the same problem occurred. I went to the dealer, “the car needs a software update and you need to change the catalytic converter which costs 40 000kc” (around 1700€).
I asked why they didn’t mentioned it at the first time…”we don’t know if it was the same issue”… I wonder…
But it doesn’t end here. Last month on my trip back from Austria, Engine default - quality of the oil, I went to the nearest Peugeot dealer, they changed the oil, filters and did an upgrade of the software, and since by the law a second hand car has 1 year warranty, they gave me a report to ask for a refund at Peugeot Domansky.
I went again to the dealer and they gave two answers… The first, “you don’t have warranty!”. I showed them the EU and Czech law, and they gave me the second answer. “You must contact the previous owner because we are just re-sellers”… I have never met the previous owner, the money was sent to Peugeot Domansky, the invoice is from Peugeot Domansky, the sales contract is from Peugeot Domansky…
I filed a complaint to Peugeot.cz, and the answer was, “Domansky only imports and sells new cars, you must contact the previous owner”… I answered again, that all deal was with Domansky, and all papers are from Domansky and, “you don’t have warranty”…
I don’t know where else I can complaint…
It’s the third Peugeot i 15 cars I bought and never had these kind of problems before…very disappointed with the after sales service/treatment…