2017 3008 gtline 35kmiles. Engine failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Byrne

Post by Byrne »

Hi all and thanks for having us , we've had our 3008 from New, all been good up till march just gone , car went into limp mode ,called rac said the plug in cylinder 3 was faulty, towed us to our dealer ,they replaced the plug as it was under its own warranty, car seemed fine , few weeks later car juddering, wife rang rac they said possible fuel, change from unleaded to super ,did this ,seemed okay , now off to Wales last sat ,car back into limp mode ,called out rac ,he fitted 3 branded plugs, took out unbranded ones,but car still juddering, said we've lost compression in cylinder 3 ,now peugeot have looked at it and said more or less we need a new engine ,car 5 years out of warranty "never offered us extended cover" back then , all the trouble started with dodgy sparkplug , the one he took out on sat had more or less disintegrated.
Any advice appreciated, got to speak with customer care tomorrow, our dealer reckons they'll offer 25% help .

Cambrian33

Post by Cambrian33 »

Hi...read your post..lots of issues with these engines..2017 especially.
What eventually happened? How helpful were Peugeot?
What about the turbo (this is very expensive)?
Stellantis (Peugeot) had better be careful as they're not far off a class action...the 1.2 Puretech wet cam belt is a disaster with serious "fit for purpose" consumer expectation issues. Also ,amazingly, many real safety issues ( eg stories of loss of brake power and recall on rubbing petrol pipe ,which my dealer didn't bother telling me about...although I had 2 phone calls about booking a service.!
Eventually, I had a letter from Peugeot.... 14 months later !!