Lack of Power

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
kon_tiki

Post by kon_tiki »

I have a 2014 3008 1.6 semi auto, not had it long but had a problem with having no power when trying to pull away. When I say no power is the engine is just ticking over it won't accelerate at all. Luckily it has only happened where I had time to get out of it, the common thing is I have the car in speed limiter turned on but it has happened with it on & paused. Another thing I noticed is the limit mph number is missing just shows 3 dashes. What I found is if I turn the wheel to disengage the limiter I get power back. When the limit is re-engaged the limit shows as 19mph. It has happened when restarting after stop/start but also happened while reversing onto my drive, I was reversing up the slope of the drive & the car started to roll forward no matter how much I tried to accelerate.
Only had the car about 5 weeks so spoke to the dealer & he said to take it back & check it with a code reader to see if anything shows up. Very worrying as if it happened while pulling out at a junction to have the power go it can be dangerous.