TomTom Connected Services Problem

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Welshdragon

Post by Welshdragon »

We are having the same problems on our New 3008 GT since picking it up end of October.
The car has been in twice now to Peugeot and they say that there are no reports of any problems how can this be ?.
They are hyping up on their websites how wonderful the Peugeot Connected Navigation Services are but they must know by now they aren’t working 😡
At the moment our car is sat in Peugeot waiting for a reply from Peugeot in France to give the dealer a solution to the problem.
The dealer says they have to keep our car for when France decides to answer with a solution.

scubamanne

Post by scubamanne »

Hi welshdragon. I've the same problem. Did your dealership resolve the issue? Thanks
Welshdragon

Post by Welshdragon »

My car has been in three times now and the Connected Services are still not working 😡
Peugeot keep telling me I’ve got to wait for a software update but can’t tell me when this is. So we have paid to have the better car and nothing works and Peugeot seem to not care at all . I’ve had my new car now just over 3 months and the services have not worked properly from day 1.
I have looked back over the forums and Peugeot have known about this problem since 2021.
tictoon

Post by tictoon »

Just picked up a brand new 2008 GT ( I know this is 3008 forum but its same infotainment system) and within 2 days of use my tomtom connection disappeared.
The reset option with the phone button someone recommended works a treat but its rubbish that I should have to do that. Reported it to dealer who claim they have never heard of the issue. Asked them to report it to Peugeot.
My other gripe was they told me the maps were updated but when I got it home and checked it was still on pre Sept update! :(
PhilG

Post by PhilG »

Has anyone tried pressing the SOS button and Peugeot connect button together for about 10 seconds. Read on another thread that this fully reset the telematics and restored Tom Tom services.
vincenzopaciottino

Post by vincenzopaciottino »

Issue seems finally sorted with the new software update....at least I have not had any instances with tom-tom not connecting since
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

I have the same problem with my new 3008. The dealer says it’s not their problem! … one guy said you just have to wait until the system connects to another satellite!
My previous 3008 worked instantly when I switched on.
If anyone gets a resolution, please enter it on the forum
spireman

Post by spireman »

Hi. I have a 5008 23 plate and I have the exact same problem where I keep losing connection. Took it to the dealer today and said they were going to look into it. I have tried to do the update to the firmware but as peugeot has removed it I can’t do it. Pressing the piano phone key for 10 seconds works but as soon I turn the engine off I lose the connection services again. Has anyone got an answer to this issue yet?
Geoffh

Post by Geoffh »

Good news…. There is an update available which took two hours at the dealership….. and it appears to work every time!
It appears that there may have been a breakdown between the manufacturer and dealership service departments.
I will update the forum how the update works long-term
federica1

Post by federica1 »

Good morning everyone, I also encountered this problem just today and both Peugeot customer service and the authorized workshop were able to give me a fix. Can anyone tell me what is the name of this update so I can tell the workshop? (Although they should know on their own) Thank you very much everyone.

__

Buongiorno a tutti, anche io ho riscontrato questo problema proprio oggi e sia il servizio cliente Peugeot che l'officina autorizzata mi hanno saputo dare una soluzione risolutiva.
Qualcuno mi può dire come si chiama questo aggiornamento in modo da poterlo dire all'officina? (anche se dovrebbero saperlo da soli) Grazie mille a tutti