Central Locking System

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Maffoo

Post by Maffoo »

Hi all,

I purchased a Peugeot 3008 1.6 BlueHDi 120 Allure 5dr under a year ago now and have been experiencing an issue in that the central locking button the centre console just does not work at all. I have no issues with the vehicle besides this, the car locks and unlocks with the key fob perfectly fine, the car automatically locks using the anti-hijack activation at least I think that's what it is called.

However, I cannot unlock the car using the centre console button - I sometimes need to open the boot for example for someone to put something in whilst the car is running and I'm sitting in the car with the engine running, I either have to open the door and/or turn off the engine, remove the key from ignition and open the car using the key fob. Just to also confirm that I have tried holding the central locking button down for a good 10 sometimes even 20 seconds and there is no prompt on the dash - The light above the button does indeed work when the car is automatically locked though.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I did read something previously about checking the interior fuse box but no concrete information really.

Hope that makes sense and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Matt