Remove Tail gate trim on New 3008 to fit Dashcams

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
kensden

Post by kensden »

Hi all, I'm fitting front and rear dashcams to my 3008, no problems hiding the cables to the front down the pillar and into the cigarette lighter,but the back tailgate is a bit of a problem to hide the wires I need to remove the trim under the back window and trace the wires through the wiring loom rubber grommet in order to get access to the grommet I need to remove the panel that holds the cords for the rear shelf it is secured by two screws easy to remove but the panel is very secure and I dont want to damage it by pulling it to hard - have any of you guys had need to remove the panel to get to the wiper motor for example - if so please let me know how you removed it - cheers

kensden

Post by kensden »

All done ! it turned out not to be such a problem to remove the panel on the tailgate , it is well fixed with the panel studs but it will pop off with a bit of force - after popping the rubber cable grommet and feeding the dashcam cables through the grommet and around the door rubbers and down to the boot cigarette lighter- all working a treat.....................
Copper

Post by Copper »

Hi Kensden

Which dashcam did you buy and what do you think of the video quality day and night? Does the rear darker glass cause any issues?

Did you hide the dual cable ok to the front unit from the rear.... was the cable to rear long enough seen as its a long car?

I recently had the Thinkware F50 for the front as the online videos looked decent and the unit was small enough to fit below the rear view mirror without standing out too much. But after a couple of days use I am not overly impressed. Maybe its the darker mornings and evenings are dark now anyway... sometimes number plates are visible but other times they are not. It certainly gives an good overview of the road etc but I would have thought number plates would be better.

Thanks
Copper
GT Line 1.2 petrol auto in sunset copper : smart electric tailgate with open & go : 360 camera : roof bars
Ordered 26 March 2017, collected 14 June 2017
kensden

Post by kensden »

High Copper
I purchased 2 dashcams on the rear JUNSUN S30 and on the front A118C- B40C I purchased them from GEARBEST.COM in China - it only took about a week to deliver them, the rear one cost £15.00 with wifi and fits nicely on the top of the back window it can hardly be seen and is not affected by the tinted rear screen. The front camera cost £25.00 and sits discreetly under the front shaded area along side the rear view mirror. They are both wired to the cigarette lighters front and rear, I altered the cables to have USB both with 90o Angles much neater than the ones supplied with the cameras.
The front one also has GPS so I purchased a GPS antenna from ebay £5.00 and works well. With regard to your problem I would play around with the exposure and white balance settings the F40 has a good write up.See my other post about the panels on the tailgate to trace the cable.
I hope this has been of some help
tslondon40

Post by tslondon40 »

Hi Kensden,

I hope you're well and my apologies for picking this post up after such a long time since you orginally posted.

You mentioned you managed to get the tailgate trim removed easily in the end. Would you mind explaining how you did this?

I am trying to diagnose an issue with my rear camera and wanted to get the trim off to have a look at the setup.
So far i have removed all the screws I can find, but there appears to be one more located behind the rear wiper motor and some white clips which seem to be able to be slid off.

I'm not sure if these all need to be removed before you can take off the trim. Would you be able to advise?

Many thanks