Intermittent “juddering” on 3008

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
danpoz

Post by danpoz »

Hi
I have the same problem!
P 3008 1.6Hdi Manual gear box cca 79 tkm
It started afterabout three years. It happens more often in the winter time, every 3-4 weeks, in range from 1500 to 2000 rpm.
When I depress the clutch and raise the rpm over 2000 rpm for a few seconds it stops. I went to the dealership, and they investigated, but nothing was discovered, computer found no mistakes.
Then they updated the car software, but again nothing changed. I was writting down the milage when the "juddering" happened, so after a few months they conected the car to internet and
Peugeot factory looked in to the problem by internal logs. Finaly they said that "they believe" the problem was with the exhaust valves and they need to be changed. They blaimed it all on the "dirty" fuel.
Since the warranty was over, never the less that problem first time occured in the warranty, they gave me an estimate of 1250€, with 25% off "generously" included because warranty has expired.
Mechanic, who is a great guy, and I know it is not his fault, said that he does not recomend opening the machine yet, because there is no guarantee from Peugeot that this would solve the problem.
So I continue to drive like this. It happens ar irregural intervals, more often in the winter time. But for now I will continue like this, and the change the valves on the big service, when belt is changed.