Dynamic roll control

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
alanj

Post by alanj »

Hi all, has anyone needed to have the dynamic roll control (on rear suspension of some models) re-pressurized after replacing a part (is shock absorber) ? And who can do it. I'm replacing the pipes on my system. Dealers want £900 to supply the pipes, shock absorbers and pump unit but only the pipes need replacing so I'm having some made.
Thanks
Alan

Dan.r.tay@aol.co.uk

Post by Dan.r.tay@aol.co.uk »

Hi just seen your post regarding your suspension.

I have the same car but my shocks are leaking not the pipe. What company quoted 900 for the parts and was everything included

I would be very thankful if you can help me out as I'm at a loose end and the moment.

Ps do you think they can be converted to normal shocks
Albany

Post by Albany »

Yes you can use an ordinary shock.

I asked a Main dealer whether I could and they were clueless but were very helpful in giving me a quote of £1500 - £1150 for the shocks and £350 for labour.
I got the same quote from two different Main dealers.

The Piggy bank said no, but after a lot of research I thought that I had no choice.
I phoned the Main dealer to to book the car in but during the call they said that the cost could be more as they didn't know if the shock was
electronically controlled.
When I heard that I was put off - they should know if it had or not.

I decided to do some more research.

I found a company Autodoc.
They indicated that the shock could be replaced with a standard one so I contacted them to confirm.
Being a German firm, I'm not sure they understood me and gave me a general reply that did not confirm
if the shock that I indicated could be used.

I did some more research and figured that the best people to ask were the manufacturer.
I went onto their website and it indicated that I could use it as a replacement.

I decided to take the risk as the site that I ordered from had an option to return the product for a small extra charge.

I ordered the shocks from bestpartstore.co.uk for £84.44 plus £3.95 to be able to return it.
Total £96.84 including post and VAT.
However the parts were sent from Autodoc.
Took about two weeks to arrive in the UK from Germany (pre-Brexit).

The shocks are
TRW Shock Absorber Rear Axle, Twin-tTube, Gas Pressure, Top Pin, Bottom Eye 414mm
Ref JGT1216T

I found a local garage and they charged me £70 to fit it.
The shocks work perfectly.

So £170 against £1500 just by doing a bit of research.

I'm annoyed that the so called experts don't have a clue.

Hope this helps.
IreneB23

Post by IreneB23 »

Hello Albany
It has been a while since your post about the shock absorbers so I hope you are still about.
I am having the same issue except 12 months on from you I am being quoted £1449.00 for the replacement system. I sent a copy of the part you mentioned in your post to my local garage who is trying to source the parts for my car and he has asked me to check if it was a straight forward fix/replacement you did not have to fashion any brackets or anything like that.? The local spares place have not been able to cross reference your part to an easier to access part so he wants to be sure before we order them.
Thanks hope to hear from you
Irene :D
Spudley8831340

Post by Spudley8831340 »

I have just got the the same problem, my rear passenger lower shock mount is shredded and knocks on an uneven road service. I went to Peugeot Basingstoke and no separate bushes are available only the complete rear shock assembly at a price of £1150 + fitting.
I was praying I could fit a pair standard shocks as I'm sure if nylon bushing or top hats were available it would only be a £30.00 fix at most.
Can the fiitment of these shocks be 100% confirmed and that they are a straight swap on the original mount aswell please?
Kind regards
Phil
Spudley8831340

Post by Spudley8831340 »

Hi Irene I have ordered a couple of these shocks so if you have not fitted any yet and Albany doesn't reply I will let you know how things went asap
Spudley8831340

Post by Spudley8831340 »

Just to confirm on Albany's post about the shocks from AUTODOC, I can confirm these are a great alternative to buying a new rear suspension unit (£1300.00 + labour from peugeot) and are a direct fit with no messing around.
Yes I have just had these fitted to my 2011 pegueot 3008.
Hope this helps someone
Cheers
Phil
craig gwillym

Post by craig gwillym »

Hi guys so glad I found this thread - my local garage have my car booked in for 2 weeks time - I have 2 x shocks on the rear with dynamic control on them
- I can’t afford the £1k bill so would like to swop to the above shocks - my question is what happens to the paperwork that comes off the shocks with the new ones fitted ?