Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
griff4715

Engine start / stop not working

Post by griff4715 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:01 pm

Anybody had the same issue.

PhilAs

Re: Engine start / stop not working

Post by PhilAs » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:26 pm

I think I have same problem, perhaps since service.

Have not used the car much but need to check it out.

Stop start is definitely selected

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:29 am

The stop/start system has to have a number of criteria met for it to work. Battery charge condition being the one of the important ones. Winter is the time of the year that stops it working the most, due to power used for demisting, heating and short trips. My stop/start has not worked since late October and now we are in lock down it won't be getting any better.
There is a list of the criteria required, I will try and find it. A good indication of the battery condition is to sit in the car with the engine off and radio on
See how long it takes for the automatic power off to kick in.

lipy

Post by lipy » Fri May 08, 2020 10:38 am

Most probably its the battery, I took it to the dealers as it was still under the guarantee, they replaced the battery and is now working again, but that doesn't mean the battery is bad because it worked for everything else and never failed to start the car, and it will work perfectly in any other car without the start stop
function, the problem is that the system detects that the battery is not 100% and it will stop this function as to not strain the battery. But what battery is 100%
of amperage power after a year or so especially if you don't use you car much, like in my case, so it will definitely happen again and I'm not changing the battery again for this issue,

Geoff2469

Post by Geoff2469 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 pm

I had the same problemafter leaving my car with the dealer for an extended time to sort outa nother problem. Stop/start was not working, contacted dealer who said to give the battery a trickle charge overnight. That did the trick even with a battery over 3 years old.

JeffG

Post by JeffG » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Out of curiosity, how is it supposed to work?

Just got a 3008 automatic last week. There's no stop/start working and there's no useful information in the online manual.

Q1. When should it Stop the engine? If I pull up at traffic lights and still in Drive with foot on break should it work then? Does the parking brake have to be on or doesn't that matter?

Q2. at what point should the engine start again? When you take you foot off the break? When you press the accelerator?

StuB

Post by StuB » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi
I thought mine wasn't working also, asked previous owner and he said it works with footbrake applied and in drive, I've been around cars 45yrs and thought it strange but made sure battery was fully charged took it out for a long run then tried this method and stop start functioned ok so no need for handbrake but so as not to annoy driver behind with lights, It even let be put handbrake on then just pressed go peddle and off we went!!